Saturday, March 26, 2005

Spring

What great Spring weather! I just came in from outside and my hands are so fozen it's hard to type! Oh well, as long as the desert has good weather next week, I'll be fine. Seems like everytime this year, it's nice to escape from the daily routine and the just-past-winter doldrums into a fresher, warmer atmosphere. Fresher not in the sense of better, more along the lines of "ahead." That's one of the reasons I like Fruita this time of year. Seems like they're just a little ahead of us with weather and Spring blossoms and all of those nice smells and sights associated with Spring. I am a bit apprehensive about going, though, as I haven't ridden my bike in 2 weeks. Alas, the life of a shop owner!

Tonight was a fun night at the shop. All of the tune-ups, upgrades, and repairs have already been made for the week so I finally had some time to spend on the shop itself. It felt like things were getting more cluttered all the time. Fairly easy given the massive square footage, I know. Anyway, I received a bunch of cool inventory tonight and somewhat re-merchandised the shop.

Among some of the cool things I got in this week were a Gravity Dropper seatpost, Answer Pro Taper Carbon bar, a complete build kit for Scott's bike, the new 29" WTB Epic Wolf tires and a smattering of Latitude 40's maps. Those are the best maps in the business when it comes to Colorado. Latitude 40 doesn' just make maps, they are works of art.

Speaking of art, the town of Lyons wants me to remove the bike from the roof. Here's the rub, though: You need a sign permit to put up a sign. "Art" is specifically exempt from permit requirements. There are other types of signs exempt from permit as well. Regardless of permit requirements, Town code specifically states that "no sign" must be mounted above the roofline of the building. It says nothing about art. Therefore, if no sign permit is required to display art, and art is not a sign, the bike on the roof stays. I'll keep you posted.

And speaking of bikes, we've got a handful of GTs and Schwinn's in now. I even brought down my own new PeaPicker for display.

There are lots of things going on with the shop right now. So much that I'll have to write more later. Until then...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you carrying any singlespeeds?

redstone said...

I've got a 20" On-One frame. It's gold, too - pretty cool. That's all I've got in now, but I'm game for about anything. Anything you'd like to see?

Anonymous said...

Is that steel? Rigid? I'm not really looking other than always looking if you know what I'm sayin'.

redstone said...

I understand. It's a steel frame - pretty cool, too. Only $330ish. On - One makes matching rigid forks, too, but I can't get the gold forks anymore. They're now tank green or black.