Thursday, March 17, 2005

new bikes!

This has been a good week for Redstone. Come on by and check out the new bikes. We've got a silver Turner 5 Spot frame hanging up and we just got in some Schwinns and GTs.

I got the GT ID XC4.0 and the Schwinn Cruiser SS built tonight. Building the Cruiser SS was a good feeling. Having been an ex Schwinn employee, it felt like a homecoming of sorts. I know a lot of folks have mixed emotions about the Schwinn brand now (I do, too), but having spent so much time with Schwinn in the past, it just felt good.

Then there's the GT. This is the first ID XC I've seen outside of a trade show format. I have to say that I am really impressed. For only $1000, it's a really nicely spec'd full suspension bike. About the only thing missing are disc brakes, but hey, it's only $1k. It's not 100% done yet, but I'm eager to give it the ol' parking lot test. I really like the new I Drive design over past versions. It's much cleaner looking and lighter, too.

Hopefully by this weekend I'll have the other bikes built.

No comments: