Sunday, April 04, 2010

Pictures and Words for Monday

So, what's been going on? It's like someone turned on a switch at the bike shop. The sun, dry trails, and warm temps definitely indicated that the season is on like Donkey Kong. Despite that and being hammered at the shop, it has been a great week for riding and well, a great week in general.

Last Tuesday we did a hybrid of Hall and Heil, riding up Picture Rock to the picnic table, then up and back down the Rock Garden at Hall. Here's a good one of bstiff focusing thru one of the more difficult rock puzzles.

To top all of that off, a good friend going all the way back to Kindergarten was out to visit. It had been many years and he recently got into mountain biking. Funny that, Todd was one of my first real bike riding buds. We used to see how many street squares we could wheelie. He always killed me on that one. What a small world, eh? Good seeing you buddy, and thanks for coming out.

The rest of the week was pretty much a whirlwind. Later in the week, Cody brought in his mack daddy Transition TR450 in for some lovin'. I'm glad he brought it in because I forgot to take pics the first time! Check it out. It's beautiful.


Heck, being a holiday and all, I even got out for a bike ride today. I rode up Antelope, looped the top, down the rock garden at Hall (during which, I had the Dukes of Hazzard theme playing the whole way down in my head as I was straightnin' the curves and flattnin' the hills), then up to the picnic table

and down on Picture Rock. Damn it felt good to cover all the local riding and not hop in the car. I really missed the Nelson Loop. I love that trail. There was definitely mud on it, but if you play like good boys and girls and ride thru the mud, not around, we'll all be fine and the universe will stay in order. Peeps were pretty good out there, too. Shout out to Singletrack Builders (a team from Boulder - I think that's what they were called). I followed them up from Antelope to the Loop. They did a great job dealing with traffic on the trail and were generally good ambassadors for mountain biking. Thanks guys!

Did I mention the mud? This is as dirty as I got during that ride.

LOTS of splatter, but not too much mud at all. Good stuff. On like Donkey Kong.

No comments: