Monday, July 21, 2008

Tuesday Ride, 7/21

Meet at the shop at 5:30 and we'll caravan to Lion Gulch from there. Lion Gulch is a great ride that takes you into an historic meadows area with several homesteads from the early 1900s. Lion Gulch is also about as tough as riding gets in the front range. We'll go up it and down it. Going up is very difficult, with rocks, roots, big steps and creek crossings the entire way. We'll be walking/hiking at least up some of it. There's also a baby head field in the steeps for good measure. When we go down, it's the same thing but the pitch is such at over the bars are likely if you are not paying attention.

If you like steep and technical riding, this is your ride. If you do not like rides that are steep, loose, and/or technical, this probably isn't the ride. This is probably the toughest Tuesday nighter that we'll do all year.

We're going to have fun! :)

2 comments:

Schuman said...

I have some training in Longmont til 5pm so I'll have my shizzit ready and try to be at the shopyap. If I miss you guys I'll bust a cap to the trailhead.

The push up the hill is so worth the descent. I gotta find the clear lenses for this one. If I can't, pull out a pair for me to buy.

Tree said...

I'm going over my bars at least three times on this ride! Rockin's right, the descent is well worth pushing your bike up a few sections.