Friday, November 23, 2007

another cold one

I don't think I ever saw the sun today. It tried to peek out a couple of times, but it was still shrouded in gray haze. Chad and I got out for what turned out to be a fantastic SS ride. The Redline Flight Monocog was in full effect. This has been a really fun bike to ride. It feels a tad quicker and stiffer than the Inbred. We tested some high speed stability today, though, and the geometry was dead on.
If only pics could do the world justice. This is at the top of a loooong grinder.
Oh wait, that wasn't the top, this is the top.
Nope, nope. THIS is the top. Man. The SS was the perfect bike today, too. There were a couple of times that the road was so steep, I didn't think I was going to pull it off.

I did, though, and the dirt road descent was butter. 17 miles and 2000+ elevation gain. I'll take a few more winter days like this one. Cold isn't bad when there's still good riding to be done.

2 comments:

Noah said...

Nice - time comes for a 29er, I think the F. Monocog is the way for me to go...

redstone said...

Don't worry N-dog. I've got one with your name on it.

We were in DC this summer for a day, then in Baltimore. We stayed at the Bellmont estate and it was surounded by state forest. I didn't have a bike but went for a trail run. Some steep stuff, but it would've been sweet with on a SS with the correct gearing.