Thursday, August 30, 2007

Tribe Gathering

This past weekend we were invited to join Yeti's tribe gathering in Crested Butte. With a whole lotta beer & food we headed out in the OB RV & DPA van. There's very little in Crested Butte that's not breathtaking, we found the weekend to be on par. It was good to see Rockin' Ron hanging amongst his Yeti brethren. Saturday we hit the 401 trail from town, nice little climb up & then super smooth & flowing descents. From there Dave Weins took us on a quick loop of Snodgrass before we headed back down to the campsite. Dave was super cool, talking about Leadville, hanging & rippin' singletrack. He came over to the RV a bit later to have an Old Chub with the boys, good stuff. Sunday we shuttled over to Cement Creek for the Reno/Flag/Bear/Rosebud(optional)/Deadman loop. WOW, it didn't disappoint. I left Crested Butte with that same old feelin' as always, tired & ready to come back. A few more pictures & details are here on the Oskar Blues Brews & Bikes blog.






2 comments:

debaser said...

Ready to come home? You sure about that?

Schuman said...

Never ready to come home but I'll be the one to say it. The boys at Yeti really let me down this year. There is probably good reason but I remember 2 and 3 years ago when it was like a Frat party. It was definitely low key and they kept dicking around Chad to demo a 575. The owner and engineer had the nerve to tell me that he doesn't agree with 29ers, I about shit but kept her in check. But as I say, name one other bike company who throws a gathering like that one. We had a good time, lots of laughs thanks to Ricky and Julian of "The Trailer Park Boys", I especially like Bubbles. Most importantly all the riders were super appreciative of the food and beer and that made it really fun.

Cheers and I still love my bike so don't start

Oh, because Chad is so modest, don't forget to ask him about his showdown with Dave Wiens. Unreal dude.yetim