Monday, January 01, 2007

At least the roads were finally good for riding this weekend. I got out Sunday and today on the cross bike. Todays blustery chill was nowhere near as nice as yesterdays balmy late afternoon sun.




I figured with temps the way they were, the dirt roads within the boulder-longmont-lyons triangle would be good to go. There was definitely mud and slop in places, but there was still plenty of packed snow to go around. The snow felt as if it had been made for 35c knobs. The ride home got pretty cold today. I rolled back into Lyons just as the sun was setting and temps were falling. It was a refreshing chill, though.

That's what I did on my New Years vacation. Happy New Years everyone.

Oh, and the Tuesday ride will be in full effect. Meet up at the shop at 6 and we'll figure it out. There's not much dry or even rideable so we'll probably hit up some around town stuff then go to Oskars.

5 comments:

chris L said...

I can't make the beer ride tonight. Baby duty.

Melis said...

I'll be there, Cross Bike or Mountain Bike?

redstone said...

Mountain bike is good on ice. Let's do 6:30 so I can get all my stuff together and allow another 30 min for the ice to freeze. cool?

Melis said...

sounds good

Schuman said...

Got out on the roadie today. Wow did I need that. Being couped up and not able to ride takes a toll on the brain. I can't make the ride but I'm going to beg for the bluegrass pick.

Maybe if Mrs. Redstone and Mrs. Schuman get together and hang out, I'll get the green light.

Mrs. Redstone, if you're reading this please call my wife and ask her to do something tonight.